5-Star Advance Special Information
The Five Star Church Program was developed by the Southwest Texas Conference Board of Global Ministries in 1990 to encourage local churches to grow in mission giving and mission outreach every year.
Five Star churches receive an award certificate and special Annual Conference recognition.
To become a 5-Star Church, a congregation must do this every year:
* Project in the Southwest Texas Conference (see the Online Project Catalog for project listings)
- Pay Apportionments 100% or more
- Contribute to the annual One Great Hour of Sharing special offering
- Contribute to a project in each of the following five categories:
* Project somewhere else in the United States*
* Project in another country*
* Project related to UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief)*
* One United Methodist missionary supported by the General Board of Global Ministries*
*Go to http://www.umcmission.org/Give-to-Mission/Search-for-Projects/Advanced-Project-Search to search online for the code numbers for a project outside of Texas, a project in another country, a project related to UMCOR, and a United Methodist missionary supported by the General Board of Global Ministries. Note that international project codes include numbers and letters and UMCOR project codes consist of only numbers.
Please note: ALL funds for Five Star giving must be sent through the office of the Annual Conference Treasurer so there will be an automatic Conference record of your church's giving for every project.
For any questions, please contact:
Chair, SWTX Conference Board of Global Ministries
Secretary, SWTX Conference Board of Global Ministries
Revised January 2013