About Mount Wesley
Mount Wesley provides:
· Climate-controlled facilities
· Motel-style guest rooms with 4/6 twin beds and one private bath per room
· Conference rooms to accommodate 100-150
· Dining hall which seats 300
· Small, private dining room, which seats 48
· Chapel which seats 75
· Auditorium which seats 400
· Hilltop nature trails
· Large outdoor swimming pool
· Outdoor recreation areas
· Outdoor worship areas
· Low ropes team-building challenge course with trained facilitators
· Outdoor labyrinth
· Outdoor prayer garden
· Bolivian Cross
The Bolivian Cross
Made in Bolivia out of "iron wood", a very hard, durable wood, the Bolivian Cross was a gift from the youth of Bolivia to the youth of the SWTC as a symbol of their shared love in Christ.
The Rev. Albert Merubia, originally of Bolivia, was instrumental in coordinating the project. It was shipped by boat to the Texas Gulf Coast and was erected at the top of Mt. Wesley atop a pile of prayer rocks/stones in 1950. In return, 2 years later, a cross was constructed of Mt. Wesley cedar and sent to Bolivia. It has become a tradition at Mt. Wesley to pick up a rock/stone at the bottom of the hill, say a prayer over it and walk to the cross in silence and leave your rock/stone at the foot of the cross. In 1993 the benches were constructed as an Eagle Scout project.
Located in the heart of the beautiful Texas Hill Country, the Mount Wesley Conference Center is situated on a hillside within the city limits of Kerrville. The scenic, peaceful 64 acres of woodland provide a unique, secluded, and safe haven -- a sanctuary from the real world -- where guests can retreat to become refreshed and renewed. From individual private retreats to groups of 200, this year-round South Texas retreat center has been providing a "place apart" for 85 years. Owned and operated by the Southwest Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church, it is available for all non-profit organizations or institutions. The center is dedicated to enabling individuals to experience the love, grace, and joy of God in a Christian retreat setting.
Directions to Mount Wesley:
For specific turn-by-turn directions to take you from your current address to Mount Wesley, please click here.
From San Antonio, Boerne & Comfort: Stay on IH 10 till the SECOND exit (Exit 505-FM 783) at Harper Rd. Turn right (Go South-cross over IH 10) and proceed on Harper Rd. 1 1/2 miles to Jackson Rd (first stop light). Turn right on Jackson Rd. and proceed 1/2 mile to Methodist Encampment Rd.(4 way stop signs). Turn right and proceed one block to Mount Wesley (on your left).
From Junction: Stay on IH 10 till the Harper Rd. Exit (Exit 505-FM 783). Turn right on Harper Rd. and follow directions above.
From Fredericksburg: Follow Hwy.16 to Kerrville. At IH 10 turn right onto the interstate and proceed 3 miles to the Harper Exit (Exit 505-FM 783) then follow directions above ("From San Antonio, etc.").
From Bandera or Ingram: Proceed on State Hwy. 27 to Methodist Encampment Rd. Turn north and proceed 1 mile (through 2 4-way stop signs) to Mount Wesley.
Mount Wesley provides:
- · Climate-controlled facilities
- · Motel-style guest rooms with 4/6 twin beds and one private bath per room conference rooms to
- accommodate 100-150
- · Dining hall, which seats 300+
- · Chapel, which seats 100
- · Auditorium, which seats 450
- · Hilltop nature trails
- · Large outdoor swimming pool
- · Outdoor recreation facilities
- · Outdoors worship areas
- · Low ropes team-building challenge course with trained facilitators
- · Outdoor labyrinth
- · Outdoor prayer garden
- · Bolivian Cross
Meeting Rooms & Capacity: (theatre style)
- Wilson - Groups up to 125
- Lounge - Groups up to 100
- Susannah - Groups up to 50
- Rock House - Groups up to 30
- Plate Room/Down Under- Groups up to 25
- Periwinkle Room/Arts & Crafts- Groups up to 15
- Studios A (25), B & C- Groups up to 35 (each room)
- Activity Center -seats up to 15
Sleeping Rooms:Cabins: Rooms # 1-16, sleeps 6/room w/1 private bath per room. (Some have bunk beds).
Cabin 15 & 16 are accessible to persons with disabilities.
Floyd Curl Lodge - Rooms #17-27, 4 twin beds/1 private bath per room
(Exception: accessible to persons with disabilities: #27 - w/5 beds & 1 bath, #26 - w/3 beds & 1 bath).
Heritage Hill - Rooms # 28-34, 4-twin beds/1 private bath per room
Studio A can sleep 12 on studio style beds w/1 bathroom per room
Studios B&C can sleep up to 18 each on studio style beds w/2 bathroom per room